No. Together with Judaism, they go back to the prophet and patriarch Abraham, and
their three prophets are directly descended from his sons Muhammad from the eldest,
Ishmael, and Moses and Jesus from Isaac. Abraham established the settlement which
today is the city of Makkah, and built the Ka’abah towards which all Muslims turn
when they pray.
- WHAT IS ISLAM?
- WHO ARE THE MUSLIMS?
- WHAT DO MUSLIMS BELIEVE?
- HOW DOES SOMEONE BECOME A MUSLIM?
- WHAT DOES ‘ISLAM’ MEAN?
- WHY DOES ISLAM OFTEN SEEM STRANGE?
- WHAT IS THE KA’ABAH?
- WHO IS MUHAMMAD?
- HOW DID MUHAMMAD BECOME A PROPHET AND A MESSENGER OF GOD?
- HOW DID THE SPREAD OF ISLAM AFFECT THE WORLD?
- WHAT IS THE QUR’AN?
- WHAT IS THE QUR’AN ABOUT?
- ARE THERE ANY OTHER SACRED SOURCES TO BE REFERRED FOR ISLAM?
- EXAMPLES OF THE PROPHET’S SAYINGS
- WHAT ARE THE ‘FIVE PILLARS’ OF ISLAM?
- DOES ISLAM TOLERATE OTHER BELIEFS?
- WHAT DO MUSLIMS THINK ABOUT JESUS?
- WHY IS THE FAMILY SO IMPORTANT TO MUSLIMS?
- WHAT ABOUT MUSLIM WOMEN?
- CAN A MUSLIM HAVE MORE THAN ONE WIFE?
- IS ISLAMIC MARRIAGE LIKE CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE?
- HOW DO MUSLIMS TREAT THE ELDERLY?
- HOW DO MUSLIMS VIEW DEATH?
- WHAT DOES ISLAM SAY ABOUT WAR?
- WHAT ABOUT FOOD IN ISLAM?
- ISLAM IN THE UNITED STATES
- HOW DOES ISLAM GUARANTEE HUMAN RIGHTS?