Who are the Muslims?
One billion people from a vast range of races, nationalities and cultures across the
globe — from the southern Philippines to Nigeria — are united by their common Islamic
faith. About 18% live in the Arab world; the world’s largest Muslim community is in
Indonesia; substantial parts of Asia and most of Africa are Muslim, while significant
minorities are to be found in the Soviet Union, China, North and South America, and
- WHAT IS ISLAM?
- WHAT DO MUSLIMS BELIEVE?
- HOW DOES SOMEONE BECOME A MUSLIM?
- WHAT DOES ‘ISLAM’ MEAN?
- WHY DOES ISLAM OFTEN SEEM STRANGE?
- DO ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY HAVE DIFFERENT ORIGINS?
- WHAT IS THE KA’ABAH?
- WHO IS MUHAMMAD?
- HOW DID MUHAMMAD BECOME A PROPHET AND A MESSENGER OF GOD?
- HOW DID THE SPREAD OF ISLAM AFFECT THE WORLD?
- WHAT IS THE QUR’AN?
- WHAT IS THE QUR’AN ABOUT?
- ARE THERE ANY OTHER SACRED SOURCES TO BE REFERRED FOR ISLAM?
- EXAMPLES OF THE PROPHET’S SAYINGS
- WHAT ARE THE ‘FIVE PILLARS’ OF ISLAM?
- DOES ISLAM TOLERATE OTHER BELIEFS?
- WHAT DO MUSLIMS THINK ABOUT JESUS?
- WHY IS THE FAMILY SO IMPORTANT TO MUSLIMS?
- WHAT ABOUT MUSLIM WOMEN?
- CAN A MUSLIM HAVE MORE THAN ONE WIFE?
- IS ISLAMIC MARRIAGE LIKE CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE?
- HOW DO MUSLIMS TREAT THE ELDERLY?
- HOW DO MUSLIMS VIEW DEATH?
- WHAT DOES ISLAM SAY ABOUT WAR?
- WHAT ABOUT FOOD IN ISLAM?
- ISLAM IN THE UNITED STATES
- HOW DOES ISLAM GUARANTEE HUMAN RIGHTS?